Most Common Garage Door Repair Costs
As you find a problem with your garage door and want it repaired, you will likely call a professional home renovator . You pick up the phone, dial the number, and what hits your mind is how much the repair is going to cost you.
So before you hire a professional, it is better to look into some common calgary garage door repair costs to get a good ideacall Garage Pros Calgary . In this article, we will break down the repair costs of a garage door based on the most common issues.We also have a preffered excvation company if you are in need of a new garage prep, CNLC Construction
Average Repair Cost of a Garage Door
The repair cost of a professional garage door repair Calgary ranges between $150 and $350. On average, it stands at $250. The actual cost depends on the issue and nature of the problem.
If your garage door requires some minor fixes only, the total cost might run even below $100. On the other hand, if there is significant damage and includes multiple repairs, it can cost as high as $1,500.
Repair Cost of Dent
If you have a steel or aluminum garage door, the dents can be repaired. The dent repair costs run between $100 and $300.
However, if the garage door is made of composite material or wood, you might have to replace it with a new panel. The panel replacement cost differs from material to material, such as:
- A wooden panel of a garage door comes around $400.
- The aluminum panel costs from $170 to $290.
- Fiberglass panels are usually inexpensive and come around $200.
Repair Cost of Door Springs
The type of door springs varies from one garage to another. Therefore, the repair cost also varies. On average, it takes $50 to $290 to repair the door springs.
- In the case of Torsion springs, the repair or replacement cost stands between $200 and $290.
- If your door uses Extension springs, the cost does not go to high. You can fix or replace it with a new extension spring under $100.
When it comes to door springs repair, the type of garage door is a significant factor.
- For a tilt-up door, you will have to pay between $150 and $200.
- For a roll-up door, expect to pay $200 to $250.
If you have a single car garage door, it costs even lesser. All of these costs include the required material and labor as well.
Repair Cost of Door Opener
Most homeowners pay between $100 and $190 to repair the door opener, including parts and labor. On average, the repair cost of the door opener stands at $150.
However, if repairing does not settle the problem, you need a replacement. Installing a new door opener costs between $300 and $500.
The average lifespan of garage door openers is 10 to 15 years. Mostly, there appears a major issue when the door opener gets really old and fails to work smoothly.
When it comes to different parts of a door opener, here’s a breakdown:
- If there’s simply an issue with the opener remote, you should get a new one. It takes around $35 to buy a new door opener remote.
- If you tried replacing the battery and it still doesn’t work, there’s likely some wiring issue. A professional can look into it. The cost depends on the complexity of the problem.
Repair Cost of Cable
Sometimes, there appears a problem with the cable. Over time, door cables tend to harden, which acts as a hindrance to smooth functioning. Repairing garage door cables take between $85 and $200. On average, expect to spend around $145, including parts and labor.
To find out if there’s a problem with cables, listen for whining or screeching sounds.
Repair Cost of Chain and Pulleys
If your garage door does not lift properly or one side lifts higher or lower than the right position, there is likely a fault in the chain and pulleys. Most of the time, it can’t be fixed but needs a replacement. A professional will take $85 to $160 for replacing a pulley while replacing a broken chain that costs between $100 and $200.
The best way to prevent a fault in chain and pulleys is proper lubrication. Make sure you maintain a maintenance schedule.
Repair Cost of Sensors
A sensor stops working or starts ill-functioning when it is damaged. If something stands in the way, it does not function properly i.e., not open or close properly. If the sensor is highly obstructed, it does not function rightly despite no blockage.
A problem with the sensor is a huge safety concern and so needs to be addressed right away. On average, it takes between $85 and $100 to install a new sensor.
Certain issues are beyond repair and require complete replacement. Here are some replacement costs for common parts.
Repair Cost of Door Lock
To fix the fault with the lock, you need to hire a locksmith. A simple lock repair costs as low as $100. But if it needs a complete replacement, it costs around $100 to $325, depending on the new lock’s installation, material, and price.
Repair Cost as per the Style of Door
Usually, the repair cost also depends on the door’s style, and so, it varies from one door to another. Here’s a simple breakdown:
- Sectional – For sectional doors, you often need to replace the section instead of repairing it and costs between $800 and $1000.
- One-panel – For such traditional doors, it takes around $250 (9’ panel) and $1,700 (16’ panel).
- Carriage – The carriage style doors are usually made of wood, and so repair takes between $79 and $198.
Some Common Replacement Costs
Sometimes, the fault is beyond repair and requires replacement. Here is the replacement cost of some common parts:
- Circuit Board – It costs around $70 to replace the circuit board.
- Rollers – Replacing the rollers costs approximately $130 per door.
- Hinges – Installing new hinges costs around $100.
If you run into any of the faults mentioned above, you have the rough estimate of repair costs in mind. However, it is still better to call a few different professionals and compare the costs before hiring one. This way, you can save quite some bucks.